Bahar Oqe

This review is from a real person who provided valid contact information and hasn't been caught misusing, spamming or abusing our website. Check our FAQ

Verified Reviewer

Don’t Be Fooled! - US Health Advisor/Freedom Life Health Insurance

My husband is a small business owner who was sold a health insurance plan by Jon Richards in FL. On paper, the policy seemed good. It has a $5k deductible and $2k out of pocket before covering our health insurance at 100%. However, once you try to actually use your coverage, USHealth/Freedom Life Company of America seems to go out of their way to deny claims to ensure that you dont hit your out of pocket expense, ensuring they only pay 80% of your claims (the claims that they actually approve that is) and you pay the remaining 20%. I tracked my out of pocket expenses and paid close to $3k over our out of pocket threshold, but the company shows me at around $60.00 from hitting my out of pocket deductible. The customer service is terrible, and when I contacted Jon for help, I was told that he is just an independent agent. I appealed my denied claims because all should have been covered according to my policy, but I received a letter saying that that my appeal was denied, and my plan is not considered comprehensive health insurance (which was news to me), and it isnt subject to the Affordable Care Acts mandated benefits. They also dont offer an external appeal process which is a federal law. Somehow, they seem to have bypassed federal oversight. We have paid a healthy monthly premium for worthless coverage that has no state regulation or oversight (Texas where Freedom is headquartered doesnt have jurisdiction to address consumer complaints and neither does CO where we live), so people with health plans from this company have no recourse for denied claims. Dont be fooled by what looks like good coverage on paper only. This company should have a class action lawsuit based on the number of consumers they have swindled with worthless health insurance.
View full review
Loss:
$9
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Many

Preferred solution: Approval of my appeal letter.

User's recommendation: Find a different health insurance company

Anonymous

Don't buy. Trust me I was a long time agent with this company.