1.4K views

US Health Advisors and US Health Group are the same company. Reached out to them because looking for an alternative to Obamacare as my premiums keep climbing.

At first I was very interested but then I sat down for a presentation that they do online and something didn't feel right. They walk you through this very confusing series of documents which they keep telling you are better than Obamacare. What made me suspicious. First he wouldn't really answer my questions, he just kept saying they would be answered later in the presentation.

RED FLAG They promise you an upfront payment if you get something really serious like cancer but then are really fuzzy on the back-end. RED FLAG There are multiple components to this health plan and you have to carry additional insurance to pay for everything else. None of it was really explained. RED FLAG He spent much of the time telling me why Obamacare sucks.

RED FLAG When I first spoke with him I told him what medications I was taking and he said there would be no problem qualifying. Then we went over their offer suddenly he wasn't sure that I would qualify and did not seem to have any record of what I told him in the first place. RED FLAG They tell you it's a major medical plan but are vague on what the second part of it covers. RED FLAG They have some sort of association (few details) that makes this particular plan even better.

RED FLAG The first section of the plan which they tout as wonderful for all who are healthy basically covers wellness which Obamacare mandates anyway. RED FLAG They don't give you anything in writing until you have signed. BIG RED FLAG There is more but you can see where this is going. What they do not tell you.

Their plan is not an approved health plan under Obamacare so you end up have to pay the annual penalty for not having insurance. They really don't cover everything at all and there are all sorts of formulas that get them out of paying for certain things. They promise you Cigna's network which is one of the weakest in the country.

There's more but you get my drift. Steer clear.

Comments

Well these clowns posing as agents they hire are taught to sell based on emotion. Get people mad or madder at obamacare plans.

And they do this because, the merits of their own plans are so weak in benefits, that they certainly can't spend the sales presentation on that. NOBODY WOULD BUY.

I agree with Nicolas below. The agent you talked to did not know what he was talking about.

Once educated about the USHEALTH policy and a side by side comparison between the two there will be no question in your mind which is the better policy. Again this policy is underwritten.

It is meant for relatively healthy people that don't require a doctors visit every week. For those that qualify for this policy, the difference will be that on the ACA you will always have a high bill when considering the ACA has a usually high deductible and a co-insurance (unless you are subsidized) and the USHEALTH Advisors policy you could end up owing nothing or very little and possibly some money in your pocket to help you with excess medical expenses.

#1431950

Your wrong on so many aspects of the company and plan. The agent you spoke with must not know what hes talking about.

Obamacare has you sign up online with out you getting anything in writing. But what USHA does is give you a 30 day free look period so if after 30 days you are unhappy with the coverage you get a full refund including your initiation (application fee) I have personally watched multiple clients and clients of my coworkers receive the lump sum check for critical illness. We never claim that our product is better than any other one out there so the agent had to be new or not knowledgeable. There are multiple products you can add on but the base plan is for sickness and accident coverage and if they want critical illness and a lump sum check that is an add on.

Based on him not knowing the medications and underwriting guidelines makes me think he was new since there are certain things he could have done to make the information easier to understand. I am sorry you had this experience but I can attest to the plan working better than the obamacare plan I cancelled to sign up with this company. Cigna is far from the worst network. And not to mention this is a Cigna PPO so you can leave your state and travel outside of your local area.

Most marketplace plans are only hmo or epo which restrict you to a local county and have a huge deductible if you ever go to the e.r. I went to the e.r and my deductible for a broken bone was $500. If I was on the blue cross plan I cancelled, It would have been max out of pocket of 13500 and I would have had to pay that entire amount.

I see your point with certain ways the agent described parts of the plan but I have seen nothing but happy customers and a family oriented company that cares about their people and clients. ITs a shame that they let new agents on the phones before they are properly trained.......

to nicholas #1468732

Let me start off by saying I currently have a high deductible ACA compliant plan now. 100% coverage, no coinsurance after I meet my deductible.

I know what my out of pocket might be and I'm prepared for that. There would be no surprises for me. That give me a certain peace of mind. That's why we ultimately buy insurance, peace of mind.I've been considering this USHA policy.

I've read the reviews here and elsewhere and have a big concern. There seems to be a huge disconnect between the USHA and the consumer and I think you've described a symptom in that the agent is new. The agent I initially spoke with, agent 1, had to put me on the phone with another agent, agent 2, to go over the online presentation.Agent 1 seems pretty condescending when overcoming my objections. This is a new concept for me and some of the things like having max payments instead of deductibles and co-pays is a little hard for me to get my head around.

So they pay $10 max on generic drugs rather than having a $10 copay and have a $500 max yearly payout on all prescriptions. If I come down with some illness that requires an expensive medication I'm stuck with owing the balance. That doesn't give me peace of mind but I'm made to feel as if I'm stupid for questioning that. "well, how much do you spend a year on meds?" I'm asked.

Not much right now but that could change overnight.Another issue is the payout on certain procedures. $50 for an outpatient xray? $100 for an urgent care visit. Anyone that's been to an urgent care facility know's $100 is a joke.

But, maybe I'm missing something. Perhaps there are additional layers that would cover more. There seems to be a lot of additional layers and riders and such.The complaints I see from consumers are that the policy doesn't cover anything or not much. One person said on a $150k bill for a stint the payout was around $10000.

The response was that they needed to better understand the policy and that the other layers would kick in to cover the rest. They suggest that the consumer needs to stay in touch with their agent to understand how to get things paid.Other reviews are by past agents complaining about the company, Seems like a lot of agents come and go. Some have even suggested there might be a MLM scheme going on. If that's the case it would explain high turnover.

High turnover would explain new agents not knowing the product well enough.If I buy a plan today and don't need it until next year there is a high likelihood that the agent I bought it from won't be my agent next year when I need help.Maybe that's some of the reason these people are complaining about payouts. They don't understand the policy they have because it was explained to them poorly by a new agent who now is no longer available to help them. Some agents have said they were 1099 agents which makes them independent contractors.

It sounds like USHA or Freedom life is pounding the pavement for new agents then pounding the new agents to pound consumers to buy their product. I'm just not sure it's something I want to be associated with.

to Bill #1488304

You got it right my friend. When you read the benefit page of their polices, people are shocked of how truly little they pay for things that most medical bills are derived from.

Testing, x-rays, CT Scans, Mri's to name just a few. If you had a $100,000 or up medical bill....you will go Medical bill bankrupt with this garbage plan.

And 60% of bankruptcies in America are due to medical bills. Probably a good amount with lied to people with this us health bogus plan.